Awards and citations:


1997: Le Prix du Champagne Lanson Noble Cuvée Award for investigations into Champagne for the Millennium investment scams

2001: Le Prix Champagne Lanson Ivory Award for investdrinks.org

2011: Vindic d'Or MMXI – 'Meilleur blog anti-1855'

2011: Robert M. Parker, Jnr: ‘This blogger...’:

2012: Born Digital Wine Awards: No Pay No Jay – best investigative wine story

2012: International Wine Challenge – Personality of the Year Award




Saturday 2 April 2011

Domaine Filliatreau is available in UK thru Yapp Brothers

Fredrik  Filliatreau

Gremlins appear to have got into my article on the 2009 Loire Vintage in this month's Decanter where I allege that wines from Domaine Filliatreau are not available in the UK. Even I know this is nonsense and wasn't as far as I can see in my submitted copy, so it must have been affected by its passage thru the ether.

Yesterday afternoon I received this  email from an understandably slightly miffed Jason Yapp of Yapp Brothers:

'Great to see the Domaine Filliatreau Saumur Champigny 2009 in the latest edition of Decanter but it’s disappointing to see it being listed as unavailable in the UK.

'We’ve been shipping it in every single vintage for over 30 years & have plentiful stocks of the 2009!'


2 comments:

Tee said...

Jim,

Thanks for the lovely write up about Domaine Filliatreau. I just returned from a wine tasting there about 3 weeks ago. I neglected to buy the wine then b/c I didn't have enough room in my suitcase and now I regret it. How might I go about purchasing their wine here in CA? I've emailed Domaine directly but the shipping is over 100 Euro, and my local wine shops can't seem to find it.

Do you know if there's a particular distributor they use for east and west coast sales? Thanks in advance for your help!

Jim's Loire said...

Tee. Thanks. I suggest you have a look on wine-searcher.