Awards and citations:


1997: Le Prix du Champagne Lanson Noble Cuvée Award for investigations into Champagne for the Millennium investment scams

2001: Le Prix Champagne Lanson Ivory Award for investdrinks.org

2011: Vindic d'Or MMXI – 'Meilleur blog anti-1855'

2011: Robert M. Parker, Jnr: ‘This blogger...’:

2012: Born Digital Wine Awards: No Pay No Jay – best investigative wine story

2012: International Wine Challenge – Personality of the Year Award




Tuesday 26 April 2011

EFB purchase of Oddbins: list of the 37 shops


Here is the list of the 37 shops bought by EFB. 10 in Scotland, 20 in London and 7 elsewhere in England:


Scotland (10)
Aberdeen City
Rosemount, Aberdeen
Bruntsfield, Edinburgh
Queensferry Street, Edinburgh
Elm Row, Edinburgh
Charing Cross, Glasgow
Hyndland, Glasgow
Mitchell Street, Glasgow
Queens Park, Glasgow
Shawlands, Glasgow

London (20)
Balham
Bayswater
Blackheath
Chiswick
Clapham
Crouch End
Earls Court
Gloucester Road
Kennington
Kentish Town
London Bridge
Northcote Road
Pimlico
Portobello
St Margarets , Twickenham
South Kensington
West Dulwich
West End Lane, West Hampstead
Stoke Newington
Wandsworth

Rest of England (7)
Clifton
Poole
Chorlton, Manchester
Tunbridge Wells
Allerton Road, Liverpool
Oxford High Street
Little Clarendon St, Oxford

 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny how they said they were going to disclose to staff first huh?

Jim's Loire said...

Anon. I believe that this list had gone to staff at the 37 branches before I sawe it.

Anonymous said...

Wonder what this range of shops will be called?

Sham pain & whine

Anonymous said...

Yes Jim it did but the staff that have not been bought have been told nothing.....

Jim's Loire said...

Anon. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been kept informed. I presume that it is the responsibility of Deloitte to inform staff in the shops that have been bought by EBF what their situation is.

Anonymous said...

Yes I guess it is....Thanks Jim for keeping us all informed, I am sure will everyone will agree you have been a godsend :) Let's just say administrators are not human..

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know what type of wine the company will be puting in the shops, e.g small grower or big brands?

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know what is happening with the "flagship" store in Battersea?

It has not appeared on either the Christie & Co. list or EFB list...

Anonymous said...

Cant see these adding much to the uk wine scene. They seem to have taken mostly the smallest, convenience style stores and ignored the big turnover, large scale stores such as holborn, farringdon, battersea, notting hill gate, fulham etc

Anonymous said...

Jim, thanks for keeping us in the loop. I wonder when we would have been told anything by anyone else.

I don't suppose you know how long Deloittes Wine is going to last for do you? We've yet to hear anything.
I'm half expecting new padlocks to welcome us every morning.

Jim's Loire said...

Thanks for your comments anons. I'm afraid I don't know what will happen to those stores not in the 37 bought.

Pleased that you have found my post on Oddbins useful and hope you will all find gainful employment soon.

Anonymous said...

dear Jim , very useful tool this blog you have.
Thanks million for keeping up more informed than we should have been....

Jim's Loire said...

Anon. Thanks for your comment. It shows the remarkable power that the internet in breaking news and keeping people informed.

I'm delighted that I was able to keep you informed but I could have done this without information being sent to me and I'm very grateful to those who did.

When I set up www.investdrinks.org back in 2000 I was astonished by the amount of information that people provided me with. I continue to be astonished and this sharing is what makes the net so powerful.

Anonymous said...

Ever so helpful Jim, all the way through...
shame it's come to this trashy ending.
I speak of experience when I say it's been the bloody longest 2 month on oddbinites record! 120 gone in April, H.O. staff crumbling away, 4 of us gone last week...
Now 37 saved, 48 hanging in the balance, hoping for the best, what to say? really?

Why the prestige oddjewels where ignored?

Are Baile/Young liable at all for this sham?

Please Jim, don't give up, dig in, look for the answers that might clarify some of our questions, a bit of a challenge for our favourite blogger?

Je vous mets au test, monsieur! Cette mission, si vous l'acceptez, vous gratifiera de l'immense maceration de la planete Odd...
Kenavo
Gwen