Awards and citations:


1997: Le Prix du Champagne Lanson Noble Cuvée Award for investigations into Champagne for the Millennium investment scams

2001: Le Prix Champagne Lanson Ivory Award for investdrinks.org

2011: Vindic d'Or MMXI – 'Meilleur blog anti-1855'

2011: Robert M. Parker, Jnr: ‘This blogger...’:

2012: Born Digital Wine Awards: No Pay No Jay – best investigative wine story

2012: International Wine Challenge – Personality of the Year Award




Tuesday 19 June 2012

Olivier Cousin (aka Jacques Vitelle) has been released from captivity in Colombia!



El Mundo Today reports that Jacques Vitelle, a Frenchman captured seven months ago in Colombia by FARC guerillas was released yesterday. However, in an hilarious mix-up the photo they have chosen for the story is a) of Olivier Cousin – a well-known producer in Anjou and b) it is my photo and it has been used without my permission and without credit. I will be sending a bill to El Mundo.  


Olivier Cousin@Real Wine Fair, London 21.5.2012
Not kidnapped in Colombia!! 
Photo copyright: Jim Budd 

Update: 20.00


El Mundo Today updated the story during the afternoon. I assume the photo is now the real Jacques Vitelle, who had the misfortune to be kidnapped by FARC in southern Columbia.

I have to wonder how El Mundo Today got the photo of Olivier Cousin mixed up and thought it was Jacques Vitelle. I haven't given anyone a copy of my photo of Olivier, so it must have been downloaded from my Jim's Loire blog. Was this done by El Mundo Today or did they obtain it from a 'photo library'? 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, it's Colombia, not "ColUmbia"
Je voulais juste faire la remarque.
Cordialement

Jim's Loire said...

Anon. Merci beaucoup. have corrected my error. Jim