Awards and citations:


1997: Le Prix du Champagne Lanson Noble Cuvée Award for investigations into Champagne for the Millennium investment scams

2001: Le Prix Champagne Lanson Ivory Award for investdrinks.org

2011: Vindic d'Or MMXI – 'Meilleur blog anti-1855'

2011: Robert M. Parker, Jnr: ‘This blogger...’:

2012: Born Digital Wine Awards: No Pay No Jay – best investigative wine story

2012: International Wine Challenge – Personality of the Year Award




Thursday 10 November 2016

KSK Vintage Winery – 2014 Sauvignon Blanc

 KSK 2014 Sauvignon Blanc 

This Sauvignon Blanc from the KSK Vintage Winery in Stuttgart-Rohracker is the first wine that I have come across from this winery. Hardly surprising as I follow German wine occasionally and from a distance plus this winery was only established in 2013. 

Given to me as a gift I have to say that I was impressed by their nicely understated 2014 Sauvignon Blanc. It has an attractive mineral quality and doesn't scream 'I'm Sauvignon Blanc' whether it is reeking with cat's pee from an oversexed tom or full of asparagus notes. There is much discussion over the use of minerality. Frankly I find the term minerality useful to describe a style of wine and I don't care much whether the the minerals in the soil translate into what you find in your glass. I fancy it doesn't – but what do I know?

Whatever I am very happy to recommend this KSK Sauvignon Blanc – incidentally sensibly sealed with a screwcap.  

No comments: